We started celebrating Bella Day yesterday even though today is the official anniversary of my joining the family. It's hard to believe 7 years has gone by already. Wow, it sure did fly.
Yesterday we went to a park with lots of wooded trails, open field trails and a lake with doggie beach. It was so nice to get out and spend the day outside. We went for a very long walk, then we went out to eat. Mom and Dad took turns going to a couple stores where they purchase these square things with lots of paper in them and then they spend time just sitting and staring at them and every so often moving the paper inside. I have no idea why that's fun. I like to go, go, go. Walks, fetch, trick training, agility.
 |
| Whew, that was a long walk |
|
|
O.K. so maybe I do rest once in awhile. But, it was after all a very long walk and a rather warm day. We both missed our regular naps. Usually we watch TV with Mom and Dad in the evening but we were so pooped.
Today ~ the official Bella Day
We woke up and went right out for our normal potty and then ate breakfast. I knew something was up as I watched Mom get dressed, fill all the water bottles and get our bag ready. OH BOY! we are going for a walk. Oh, I can't wait. If I bark and run around will it make them hurry up? Lets go!
 |
| Wow, it sure is warm today |
 |
| I love walks |
 |
| Pretties for Mommy and me |
 |
| Whew, that was a good one |
 |
| get off me fly |
 |
| nap time |
|
|
After our walk we out to eat for a late lunch. Mom and Dad had a tenderloin sandwich with fries, we got a plain, no cheese double hamburger, and we stopped by DQ to pickup some ice cream because today it was 80 degrees. It was only 64 degrees or something like that yesterday. It feels really hot today. We drove to another park and found a picnic shelter with a shaded top to eat our lunch at. It was so nice and quite and we were the only ones around. Emma and I laid on the nice cool damp concrete floor of the picnic shelter and enjoyed our hamburger. Then Mom shared her tenderloin and fries with us and Emma and I split a vanilla DQ kids ice cream. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!! I think we had a pawsome Bella Day.
Hi Emma! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to come round and visit you! Thank you so much for inviting me to your private blog - am honoured! And I've been enjoying catching up on your past posts...belated Happy Birthday, by the way! I can't believe it - we're actually the same age! So nice to meet another "senior" Dane - and we think you are so beautiful. After fawns, Hsin-Yi's favourite colour is the brindles and she think you have the most beautiful coat.
ReplyDeleteOh! And I'm SO happy you're going to enter my contest! Yay! I think it's wonderful when people can have the courage to just give things a go and not just worry about being perfect all the time but just let go and have some fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)
Oh - yes, about your question about the little picture in the comments - I'm afraid I don't really know the answer! I haven't figured it out myself. I can't even get my own picture to show up! Tee! Hee! It sounds like your human has done all the right things with getting a Gravatar and stuff like that...maybe you need to get a Wordpress account in order for your picture to show up? Coz then you would sign in and comment using your Wordpress account, rather than now which I assume you're not. But it's fine - most of our readers don't have WP accounts and can comment fine and it doesn't matter if their picture doesn't show - so I wouldn't bother getting a WP account just for that! Unless you really want to - and also if you visit any other WP blogs, then you can also leave comments for them using your WP sign in and then your picture will appear in all our blogs...but it would be using a different account to your Blogger one.
Hope that helps!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Oh! I forgot to say 'Happy Bella Day'! :-)
ReplyDeleteHoney,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are visiting my blog. My mom doesn't have the time to help me post as much as I would like but I hope you will visit again. You are welcome to "follow" if you would like. You would be the first.
Hey lookie your picture appeared with your post. Yeah!! I just think it's cute.
We practice for the dance 3x yesterday and I surprised both Mom and Dad. My sister Bella has had A LOT of professional training sessions in obedience, agility, tricks and they thought I was going the challenge. I did pawsome. I'm pretty sure I even did a lot better than my sister ;) shhh don't tell her I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. You know us doggies we always like to surprise our humans and keep them guessing.
Thank you for visiting.