Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chicken Mutt Loaf and Carob Cream Cheese Brownies ~ Yum

We are on Day 3 of Emma month.  Mom has decided I get an entire month of celebrating......ME!

Today we had my birthday dinner and dessert.  The main course Chicken Mutt Loaves.

Here's the recipe if anyone else would like to give these a lick.

1 pound ground chicken
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups crackers, finely crushed
3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease muffin tin.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Shape into balls and place one in each muffin slot.

Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly golden.

Cool completely before eating....don't burn your tongue.

Store covered in fridge for up to 3 days or freeze.






As you see I'm still having to wear long sleeves.  They protect my elbow owie from my uncontrollable tongue. It was healing up beautifully until a few unsupervised moments.  The humans have got to figure out something better because this stupid shirt keeps tripping me.  Mom has shortened the sleeves twice and I still keep getting my feet all tangled up and tripping.  Especially when I'm trying to get up off the couch.  I think in an attempt to make sure I had plenty of room to move about she over compensated.  Mom, remember I'm a petite Dane.  We called a tailor/alteration shop and they want over $30 to alter a $5 shirt.  Mom has another shirt like this red one and 3 different styles of shirts to try from Goodwill and if she can't get something to fit me I think we'll be giving the professional a try. 

Back to my dinner.  The chicken was absolutely delicious.  They smelled so good Mom said they could have had them for their dinner.  No meal is complete without dessert.  I got a Carob heart shaped brownie with Cream Cheese and Peanut Butter frosting.  Carob can be found at health food or natural food stores.  It is safe for dogs.

Caution:  Do NOT use chocolate.  Chocolate is TOXIC to dogs.  NEVER give dogs chocolate !!!!

Here's the recipe for dessert.

1 1/4 cups flour
3 Tablespoons carob powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease an 8 inch baking  pan.  Stir together flour, carob powder, baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.  In a small bowl whisk together oil and honey.  Add the eggs, one at a time whisking after each one.  Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.

Spread batter evenly in pan.  Bake 20 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from pan.

Cool, Cut, Serve.

Frosting.

1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
drizzle of honey

With electric mixer whip cream cheese and honey until smooth. Spread on Carob brownies.

Peanut Butter Drizzle

Spoon peanut butter into microwavable dish and heat until smooth and thin enough to pipe.  Careful peanut butter may be hot.  If so let cool a little.  Pour peanut butter into zipper baggie and seal. Cut a tiny piece off one corner and pipe peanut butter wording or drizzles onto brownies.

Store in airtight container up to 4 days, freeze up to 2 months.






Emma

8 comments:

  1. What a nice birthday meal!!!! I'm jealous, my mom was working on my birthday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Emma,
    I hope you can find a shirt solution because you really do need to stop licking your owie.

    I am filled with envy over your beautiful birthday noms. Not only do they taste great, but they actually look pleasing to the eye.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, you get to celebrate for an entire month?! How lucky are you? I love the pic of you and your cake. That takes real willpower not to dive right in!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those recipes look delish! Definitely great inspiration for our upcoming b days over here! You look cute in your shirt, I hope the humans can figure out a wayy to make it more comfy
    Urban Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Emma! Your mom is wonderful to make a delicious chicken load and Carob cake for you. Yea for Emma Month!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so delicious! You are lucky girl :D Hopefully you gave something to your sisters too ;)

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at Emma showing restraint and waiting with that yummy cake in front of her! I would love to try that, but modify for grain-free using garbanzo bean flour or something (which I have never used.) We have a little miss named Braylon with a rescue birthday coming up this month.
    For Hades we made ice cream on his birthday. I just blended frozen bananas, cottage cheese, and honey and peanut butter, froze that for awhile and served it up to the pups for a yummy frozen treat. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete