Yeah! It's my birthday. Mom even skipped work today to spend my birthday with me. I'm so excited.
We slept in and snuggled and then all of us went for a nice walk. It's the first real walk since Sweet Pea's spay surgery and then her inflamed colon issue. By the way she is feeling much better and we want to thank everyone for the Power of the Paw. Thank you!!!!
We went for a walk along one of the greenways and it has a boardwalk that borders a lake. We got to see a lot of birds and ducks. Mom thought it was going to be a nice warm 45 degrees, but I'm pretty sure it never got that warm today. One sign we past said 39 degrees. It's ok because I still like to be out walking seeing all the sites and sniffing all the peemail. I don't have pictures of this walk because Mom forgot the camera.
After our walk we had to wait about an hour and then we had breakfast topped with scrambled eggs and cheese followed by a nice nap.
Guess what we did after our nap?.......................I can't believe it we went for another walk just Mom and I. We went to a paved walking path, crossed a little foot bridge over icy cold water and then went off roading (hiked the natural trails) for the trek back. I got to see some black squirrels and red squirrels.
The foot bridge was a little scary but I was a brave girl and carefully placed each foot and crossed right over to continue our adventure. Then it was time to pick Dad up for lunch and get my birthday burger.
After we returned Dad to work Mom took me to the pet store. I got to sniff lots and lots and lots of bags of food, treats and chewies. I explored all the toys but none of them compared to the food. Don't tell on me but I even got a treat from the bulk treat bin, Shhhhhh. Usually I just help myself to one but this time Mom actually gave it to. I sure was surprised. She said shhhhh don't tell.
When Dad got home I got to open my pressie. I love opening gifts it's so much fun.
Oh wow it's a brightly colored multiple squeaky Octopus that grunts. I also got to unwrap a piece of a chewie stick. Mom felt bad for the other two and wrapped Bella and Pea a piece of the chewie stick too. The chewie sticks are about 3 feet long so we never get to eat the entire stick all at once.
Mom says this weekend she is going to make me a birthday cake. I think it will be Carob. I will post pictures of it after it's all baked up nice and yummy.
I've heard rumors that we are going to be celebrating my entire birthday month. I think I have some more goodies coming from online because I saw Mom on my computer this afternoon. I will have to listen closely these next few days for the mailman because I have a feeling there will be a package for me.
Stay tuned for more celebrating.
Emma
A very Happy Birthday, Emma. But I think your Mum made a big typo, surely you're 4 years old and not 14!! You don't look a day over 4 years old anyway:) Sounds like you had an awesome day with a great present. That wonderful toy would keep Frankie amused for at least 1 1/2 minutes before he started disemboweling it:) I'm sure you will treasure it. I wonder what else your Mum has ordered for you?
ReplyDelete14!! Wow! Happy birthday Queen Emma!! I wish you a very happy month! :)
ReplyDelete-Lilli-
Miss Emma! Wow! That is certainly cause for celebration. You are still going strong and lovely as ever.
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
Mango RH sent me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Emma Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure it will be a furry furry special day fur all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of my mom's other khanines lived to 15y 1m 14 days so she knows how special this is fur woo and your humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Happy birthday! Sounds like you have a GREAT day!
ReplyDeleteKisses,
Gummi
Oh, Emma!! Happy, happy, HAPPY birthday! And you SO deserves a whole celebration month. I can hardly see what surprises are coming your way!
ReplyDeleteWiggles & Wags,
Mayzie
Happy Barkday Emma. Mango alerted me to your special day! You are furry beautiful in your red coat and pawtee like a rock star. My kinda girl.
ReplyDeleteNorwood
Happy Barkday, Miss Emma! The RH sent us over to make sure you had an awesome day!
ReplyDeleteSam and Pippen
Happy birthday, Miss Emma! We, too, are friends of the RH, and we have a deep-seated love for mature ladies! BTW, whenever either one of us has a birthday, we both take part in the celebrations - I mean, neither one of us can eat a whole junior cheeseburger (well, we totally can, but Mom won't let us...) and cake is no fun for one. But only the Birthday Girl has to put on the Dreaded Birthday Hat for the required photo op!
ReplyDelete*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY EMMA!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt makes my heart so happy to see a giant breed girl reaching such a mature age! I'd totally do the same as your mom... day off, walks, pet store, and presents! And a month long celebration!
Can't wait to see what the rest of the month has in store!
Happy birthday! What a wonderful milestone. Lucky lady to have spent her birthday getting totally spoiled.
ReplyDeleteI never would have guessed you were already a teenager; you look fantastic! Not a day over 7!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!!! Wish you the best!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Emma,
ReplyDeleteSorry – catching up again! My human is having a really busy time lately and we are so behind with our blog friends.
my goodness – 14 year birthday for a great Dane – Emma, you are practically a miracle! :-) And you look so good to! I like the idea of a whole month celebration for your birthday – looking forward to more celebration pictures! :-)
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
What a wonderful thing! 14 years you are our inspiration and you sure deserve a whole b-day month
ReplyDeleteUrban Hounds
Wow 14 years old. We are so happy to read that you had a wonderful birthday with your mom! It was a special day for sure!
ReplyDeleteNina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily