It's so hard to believe I've been with my family for 8 years already. Where does the time go? It sure has been a lot of fun, love, laughs, and adventure. I've done so many things most dogs never get to do. One day I will have to share my adoption story with you. That will be another day. Today it's a celebration of 8 wonderful years.
It all began on Saturday Mom decided I was having a Princess Party. What could be better since I am Princess Bella next in line to the Queen Emma. I was so excited when Mom came home with all the bags I just had to check them out. I didn't really see anything interesting, but Dad grabbed most of them from her and I wasn't able to investigate all of them. I am hopeful.
Mom headed to the kitchen and started using noisy kitchen gadgets while Dad disappeared to the bedroom and wouldn't let me in. What's going on in there? Can I help? Hmmmm.
I smell something yummy coming from the oven. I think it might be for me.
While I waited to see what the parents were up to Mom took me to Arby's to get my birthday dinner. We all got roast beast sandwiches. They are so yummy. I would share some pictures of us eating our roast beast, but the Mom was too busy stuffing food in her mouth and passing around our share she didn't get any pictures. That's ok I wouldn't want you to drool all over your computers. After our dinner it was time for dessert. Oh, oh, oh, I love food. It was a pretty peanut butter heart shaped cake with peanut butter and honey cream cheese frosting. Doesn't this look yumm-e-licious?
I sat very pretty for my picture with the birthday cake to show Mom and Dad I still know sit, stay and leave it. I do have to say Mom takes forever with the flashy. I'm not sure why she has to take so many of the same exact pose. I'm starting to drool (not really but it was close) and that's just not proper for a Princess. Finally Dad says I can have a taste. Yeah!!! Thanks Dad.
Mmmmm! That's good frosting. I should probably share some.
It's a 12 paws up for peanut butter cake. Mom interrupted our delightful cake fest to tell us she has pretty princess plates for us to eat our cake from. Are they pink? I don't need any special plate just hand over the cake and the one it's on will do just fine ;)
All was going wonderfully and I was having a magnificent time eating lots of yummy food and then...... Mom felt compelled to torture me on my birthday. Why??
I wish I wasn't such a weeney and I would ask Mom to please stop it with the hats, headbands, and things on my head. I do not like to wear things on my head, but I learned at a young age that a Princess does as requested so again I performed stay and leave it. It took all my courage to endure that thing on my head. The game of dress up did not end there. Mom thought since we were having a Princess party we should have pretty necklaces to wear. Now this I can do. I like pretties. I love to look like a pretty Princess. I can do jewelery and fashionable clothes.
Mom, what the heck????? I can't be seen like this. I need a new stylist...help. Why does Pea Dog look better. Her necklace is on correctly. So is Emma's. Dad can you please help me with these beads?
My next favorite things about birthdays besides all the yummy food is the presents. I love presents. Mom and Dad said I've got to go through my baskets of toys and donate some of the gently used ones I don't play with very much to a dog rescue. Hey, that sounds great....toys are the gift that keeps on giving :)
What something else to wear? Are you serious?
Oooh Ahhh this is pink with polka dots. This is actually pretty nice and I think it works much better than the beads. This will be very nice for our cold weather walks. Plus it also doubles as a tug toy. Yep, tried it.
Now that I have entertained Mom it's on to the real presents.
These are great toys. I just love them. Thank you so very much. I got a Kong Hear Doggy Pink Penguin and a Paw Doodles Pink Pig. The Kong stuffie has a squeaker in it that only dogs can hear. I must say I don't really notice it so much. But, when you squeak it that Pea Dog turns and twists her head all funny and crinkles her brow. I guess she's hearing something I don't. Actually I just wanna play, play, play I don't so much care what kinda squeak it makes. The Pink Pig is a stuffie that's a squeaky ball. How cool is that. It just doesn't get any better. Some genius combined the best of both toys.
In our house we are always fair to each other so Emma and Sweet Pea were not left out to just watch me get new toys. They were allowed a new toy from the $1 toy box we keep in the closet. We have a stash for special occasions, just because, or gifts for other dogs. I don't think they liked their new toys as much. Sorry girls. Don't worry because Emma has a birthday next month and she will be 14. Sweet Pea has a birthday coming up this summer. Then there is our Gotcha Days to celebrate too. We have lots of partying coming up.
| this is it? |
| I want a Kong Hear Doggy |
| not funny |
| fine I'll try it |
The Mom and Dad joined in the celebration too. They got their very own birthday cake. I guess they were just too generous to take any of ours. I wonder why mine didn't have that kinda pretty writing. Come on Mom I know you can do it.
I have to say it was another wonderful birthday. That's why we blog to celebrate each and every moment we share together and ensure we never forget all the special things we have shared as a family. I am excited to embark upon a new year and see what fun things are awaiting us.
Thank you, Emma for letting me share my birthday on our blog.
Bella
PeeS: My little treat to everyone.....I will share a baby picture with you. Promise you won't laugh.
Happy Birthday Bella! You are a beautiful girl with a wonderful family! We enjoyed all of the birthday photos, reading about going to Arbys, your cake, and fun toys. We can't wait to see Emma's birthday celebration!
ReplyDeleteWe do have 8 girls in our family. Mugsy's photo is not on the bottom of the blog page. She is 16 yrs old and prefers to sleep most of the time. Dad is retired and takes good care of us during the day. There is never a dull moment. Mom and dad are not couch potatoes - we never let them sit for very long.
Happy Happy Birthday Bella!! What a wonderful celebration!! I think your peanut-butter heart cake was SO sweet, even if it didn't have any fancy writing. And Oh - oh - oh - my FAVOURITE picture was the one of the 3 of you all licking the cake! That is just the most GORGEOUS picture!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful to see all the happy pictures of the family celebrating together!!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. how could we laugh at your puppy picture?? Hsin-Yi was just going SQUEEE!!! :-)
Happy Birthday Bella,
ReplyDeletewhat a celebration that you had!!
wags
Jazzi and Addy
Happy, Happy Birthday Bella! AND MANY MORE!!!
ReplyDeleteMuch Luvums,
The Slimmer Puggums
George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi
Happy birthday Bella! It seems you had a wonderful day! And that puppy picture of yours is so cute! I love those ears :D
ReplyDelete-Lilli-
Lilli,
DeleteI was thinking you had a blog, but I can't find a link anywhere.
Bella, you are so lucky to have a puppy photo of yourself!! I don't have any puppy photos of Frankie and Beryl:( And you look just as adorable as a baby as you do at 8 years old:) What an awesome weekend you had. I'm not showing Frankie this post as there's no way I can come close to putting on such a stupendous time for him on Tuesday, which will be his 4th birthday (well, I don't know his actual birth date so I made it Valentines Day!). You girls are so good to share that lovely cake, it wouldn't happen here, Beryl would want it all! Happy Birthday, Bella. Looking forward to sharing many more with you!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad. We don't have very many puppy pictures of me and the ones we do have are poor quality. We can only imagine what the Emma looked like as puppy. I'm guessing big and gangly and pretty hillarious :) I am sure your celebration of Frankie's birthday will be marvelous and a memory to treasure for always. A lot of what we do is to amuse the humans. Really all us doggies want is your attention, love, food and to spend time doing things we enjoy with the ones we love. I keep telling Mom to forget the hats and plates and just keep it simple.
DeleteFrankie, I hope your birthday is the most awesome day ever!!!!!
Bella
Happy B-Day! I love the princess party. I am also so impressed with how well you all shared cake. Mom has to cut our cake up to prevent any snatchings. With special treats we can be a little possesive. Thanks so much for following our blog we will certainly be following yours!
ReplyDeleteUrban Hounds
Oh and I wanted to ask a question, sorry to be rude but how old is your older sister. We are older and our mom loves meeting older pets on blogville. We are 13, 10, 9, 8 and 5 and the cats are 12, 10, and 7
ReplyDelete