Sunday, April 22, 2012

Toys, Walks, Food, Oh My!

Hi,

It's me Bella and I got mail! 


I love mail.  I've even learned how to open my presents.  Check it out.



What is that in the bottom?  I can almost reach it.....come here.  Got it.


Ooooh Monkey I love you!  You can't really tell in this picture but Monkey has long lanky arms and legs with a squeaker in each hand and foot.    Don't worry Emma and the Pea were not forgotten.  They got toys too.  We all liked the Rippys so much Mom got us the other two in the set.  Emma also got a 30" fuzzy bone with four squeakers.  She likes to toss around couch cushions, our bog beds and our dog pillows so Mom thought this would be a great toy for her. 




Today we went for a nice long walk.  We found a new rail to trail path.  That's where they take old railroads that aren't being used anymore and they turn them into walking and bicycle paths.  I do wish they would NOT allow bicycles on the same paths that people & doggies walk because bikers can be very rude.  There was  a whole herd of bikers coming at us and they were taking up the entire width of the path and everyone except one biker got over single file to pass us.  This rude biker almost squashed me.  You couldn't have passed a frog's hair between their foot and my tiny beautiful brindle body.  I even tried to get behind Mom so I would be out of the way and we were already hugging the edge of the path.

We didn't let that spoil our beautiful sunny day.  We walked and walked and walked.  It was a bit boring after awhile though because all you see is the paved railbed and a four lane highway and some farms.  Oh we did see something very exciting.  Can you guess what it was???????????   A horse!

We saw a real horse.  It was way out in the pasture and when it spotted us it perked up and came over to say hello.  Then it came closer and closer and closer. 





Whoever installed that horse fence wasn't really paying much attention because with the way the land slopes and the ditch it could have walked right over to us.  Once Mom and Dad noticed how easily he could have joined our walk they decided we should move on before his curiosity landed him on our side.

We journeyed on leaving our new friend behind.  On the return pass there were different animals out.  A very large creature with very long pointy horns. 


Mom and Dad said it would be best not to disturb this guy.  So we just admired him and kept on moving.  I hope we didn't hurt our new horse friends feelings.  He didn't come back over to say good-bye to us.  He just kinda perked up and watched us with great interest from afar.  I guess he wasn't going to waste any time coming over to visit if we were just going to wander on without him again.


After we returned home Mom vanished into the kitchen for what seemed like forever.  My tummy was really getting rumbly by the time she emerged.  She made us a very nice meal of Mutt Loaf, Sweet Potatoes and Pupcakes.


I knew the quickest way to get these yummies in my tummy was to perform my best down/stay/leave it. 


Mmmmmmmmmmm! So very yummy.  Yep, I ate dessert first   ;)


I'm not the only one with a few tricks up their paw.



After such an exhilarating weekend I think it's time for a little nap.

Bella

PeeS:  I want to let everyone know the Pupcakes are Carob and NOT chocolate.  I can't stress enough how TOXIC chocolate is for dogs.  It's with a very heavy heart I've noticed in Blogville and in our own hometown there are still people that feed their dogs chocolate.  I've heard everything from we've done it forever, oh our friends always give their dogs Oreos, they like it, it's not hurt them yet.  NO AMOUNT OF CHOCOLATE IS OK TO FEED A DOG.  If there is anyone that hasn't been told by their veterinarian how toxic and fatal chocolate can be here are some references. 



5 comments:

  1. That sure was a mighty adventure and also some amazing new toys. I am most envious of your gourmet foodables.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice weekend. Im sorry about the bikers. My husband is an avid biker and I bike to work and I agree with you pedestrians and bikers should not be on the same path or the bikers must stick to the curb. When I ride I ride on the curb in the street and never on the side walk. In Manhattan there are bike lanes everwhere and side walks. It drives me nuts that on one bike line I ride on, which is right next to a wide walking lane that is clearly labeled, there are people who walk their dogs some off leash! in the bike lane. Im so afraid one might get hit. Both lanes are labeled. Ive also seen plenty of bikers on the side walk where dogs and people without bikes belongs. Its so annoying when people dont follow rules.

    PS-your meal looks awesome
    urban hounds

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super awesome thing to get in the mail!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella you are very good at opening pressies! :D What a fun Monkey toy you got! and Emma, your mega bone is the bomb! :)
    How fun that you got to see a horsey and a big cow on your walkie! Bummer bout the bicyclists. Glad they missed yaz! Your Mom is the best fixin you homemade nommers like that! And she makes sure they're filled with only good stuff for yaz :D Yay for Mom! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all – that was such a good reminder about chocolate! We see that all the time as well on some other friends blogs or non-blog friends talk about it, like on Dane groups – they think it's quite funny and usually, with dogs is because Danes, a bit of chocolate luckily doesn't affect us but as you say, you just never know! My humans always very careful with me and chocolate.

    Wow! That was the most amazing box of presents! And what a great walk! We can really sympathise about those rude bikers because we get those crazy cycle bikers here in Australia as well – a lot of the parts here are shared between walkers and bikers as well but the bikers are so aggressive – and the worst part is, if they come along when I'm walking on the path with my humans, they get really stroppy and sometimes you're really nasty things at me, because I'm blocking their path a bit and so they need to slow down… Which is really unfair since we have a right to be on the path is much as they did and they shouldn't be travelling at that speed anyway! What of a little child was walking on the path and suddenly just ran across it? We hate those cycle bikers here – often we end up walking on the grass next to the path just to avoid them!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the great Dane

    ReplyDelete