Sunday, October 2, 2011

Silly Sunday ~ Dog Games

We participate in the annual Dog Games event held every May and I really, really wanted to post about all the fun we had this year but Mom never got around to helping me tell my story so here are some of the pictures from our event.  Imagine our surprise when we received literature in the mail and there were our faces on the brochure.  I think that makes us celebrities.  Hey!  Where is my royalties check....I need some cookies, toys, collar with matching leash and harness, cookies, and more cookies. 

We had an excellent time.  It's the perfect opportunity for all of us to act silly, funny and let loose. 

2010
Mom and Dad had to put socks on their hands and then dress us in these shirts and once dressed we had to run to the finish line.   Do you see that the Queen is winning this one.  Oh Yeah, I still got it!!  I won, I won !!!

2010
 Silly girl I guess no one explained to Bella the rules of this game.  The object of this obstacle was NOT climbing the ladder.  Miss Bella wanted to show them there was a better trick to done.  We were supposed to go under the ladder and through the curtain.  I still remember having to help Mom and Dad pick their chins up off the ground.  They were just standing there with these stupid looks on their faces in total disbelief.  Mom as laughing like crazy.  What can I say....that's my sister.  I wonder if she thought it was a skinny A-Frame?

2011
Hey! she stole my trick.  I do wakey, wakey.  Can you believe these people thought we wouldn't be able to find our Dad hidden under blankies?  Silly humans.  We always know exactly where our parents are.  We are superb Mom and Dad finders especially under blankies and once found we thoroughly cover them with lots and lots of kisses and wet willies.   

There were lots of fun games like this set up all over a very large field.  All the stations use skills that we have learned like sit, stay, down, come, loose leash walking, catch, etc.  There was one obstacle where they took large kitty litter buckets and turned them upside down and lined them up like weave poles and Bella thought they were a "table" like in agility and hopped right up on top one.  That may be because our backyard agility table is actually an upside down wash tub.  And they wonder why we get confused.  This event has given Mom lots of ideas of how to make ordinary objects fun for us.  There were other stations doing things like timed catch - how many balls or treats can you catch in a specific amount of time.  At one spot they held us one at a time while Mom clipped a key to our collar and then walked away and chained herself to a post, she called one of us (the one with the key) and then she took it off our collar and unlocked the lock - you never know when you will need a good recall.  That's just a brief idea of some of the neat stuff we get to do.  I'm already looking forward to next year. 

Emma

7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Emma!!! Those sound like the most wonderful, fantastic doggie games!!!! What a brilliant idea, whoever thought them up!! You are lucky pups to get to enjoy them. My human, Hsin-Yi, wishes there were fun training classes like this near us - most of the time, any "training" is alway really serious & competitive, like in the Obedience clubs, and we hate that. The humans start being really silly and the dogs really intense and it takes all the fun out of it. These kinds of games are SO much better - and they still use your everyday training skills that you learnt too! :-) I wish we lived closer together coz we could start a fun club like this together!

    I have to say though - I think you have more brain cells than me, Emma - coz I would never be able to find my humans if they were hidden under a blanket!! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emma - I forgot to say - thanks for your fantastic comment on my latest post with all that helpful information!! I hope you don't mind but I've answered your questions there so would you mind popping back to my blog to read them?

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so very awesome if we lived closer. I have always wanted to start a dog games event closer to my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a great time! I am so glad you got to participate. Dog Games, that's ingenius! I should suggest that to my city and local groups. It would be so much fun.

    You all are just so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like total funballs. Nothing like a good frolic with your humans.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being cover girls:)

    Personally I thought Bella was being very clever climbing the ladder. That would be a lot more difficult than going between the legs:)

    I think the whole concept of the Dog Games is wonderful and there should be a lot more events like this where everyone can have fun and enjoy the company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to play! What a fantastic event! Wow! :D Luv the photo of Bella on the ladder. Hilarious! And the hand outside the blanket I guess in an attempt to ward off slobbers ;) I must get Mom to try some of these games with me!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete