Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is It Winter or Is It Fall...Who Can Tell

My week started out like this......


On Monday we had snow.  It was so very cold.  The temperature was around 20° F and the "real feel" was 0°F.  As part of Mom's New Year's resolutions she said we would get more quality time together and do more activities so she said we would each get 20 minutes of play time outside.  Yeah, it was about 7 - 10 minutes of play time each because her fingers got too cold to throw balls, give treats and take pictures.    Oh well, I got to run zoomies around the yard, Bella got to play some sling ball, and Sweet Pea got to earn some yummy duck treats by Plato.  If you have never tried any you gotta get a bag.  They are delicious and they are made in the USA.  

We all got to try  out our new Hoodies.  What do you think?  I have a few tips for whoever makes doggie clothes.  Please, could you make them wider in the chest and just because a doggie has a wide chest does not equally translate into a longer body.  Look at poor Sweet Pea.  To get a hoodie wide enough in the chest it hangs off her hiney.  Even little Bella's could be wider but them she'd have to wear the same size as Sweet Pea and I and that would be way too big.  I've got the largest hoodie (XXL) they make and it's suppose to fit a 150 lb. Great Dane.....Good Luck with that.  It's pretty snug around my chest and I'm only 100 lbs.

Even though it was cold and Mom claims her fingers fell off somewhere outside we had fun playing and romping in the snow.  Our hoodies kept us snug and toasty so we didn't even notice how cold it was.   Maybe Mom should  have gotten a hoodie too.  Then she could have warmed her hands up in the kangaroo pouch.

Does anyone know why our hoodies have pouches on the "back" side?  It's not like my legs will rotate that far around so I can warm up my tootsies. 





















Then by Saturday the weather is like this................





Today the temperature was around 43° F and not even a spec of snow. 

Mom likes for Saturday's to be Surprise Saturday and her surprise for us was going to a new State Park.  We had to drive in the EmmaMobile for awhile and we didn't leave home until late afternoon so by the time we got here we only had about an hour and half of sunlight.  So many trails to choose from which one do we take.  I wish we had gotten here earlier in the day, but Mom said we would come back again when we have more time to really explore the trails.  The trail we took was a horse/hiking trail and I wanna know why don't horses have to carry out their poo poo?????  Mom and Dad have to pick up our poo poo and carry it out and those big horses sure do leave behind big surprises. 

We found a fire tower that was open to climb.  Mom climbed all the way to top way up above the tree tops and took pictures of the sunset and of us.  We look tiny from way up there.  I wasn't even that tiny as an Emma puppy.






Even though the sun was setting all too quickly we scrambled back to the EmmaMobile and took off for another walking spot we wanted to see before heading home.  Did you know that old railroads are being repurposed into paved walking trails and some of them even connect multiple towns stretching for miles and miles across the countryside.  I think that's a marvelous idea. It also preserves a piece of history.  Some railroads have been around since the 1800's. Just think we were walking where those old, old steam engines once rolled....Cool.




On the way home Mom and Dad stopped for some BBQ at a little place.  Good thing we were getting it to go because the building was so small there wasn't anywhere to sit inside and not outside tables either.  I guess you either get it to go or have it delivered.   They drove on down to the DQ and got us some plain hamburgers and they got ice cream for dessert.

I think Mom's off to a good start with her New Year's plans to improve and enrich our days.   I would have been happy with the burger ;)

Emma





5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Don't you just love this not normal winter? I know I do, I don't like the snow and cold and so far in Chicagoland we have no snow on the ground which is very unusual. I hope it lasts for a while but I'm sure we will get dumped with that white stuff soon enough. I have a winter coat (pink and a snood to go with it), I love to stay warm and toasty. Your pictures are wonderful.

    AARF Kasha the Dainty Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Don't you just love this not normal winter? I know I do, I don't like the snow and cold and so far in Chicagoland we have no snow on the ground which is very unusual. I hope it lasts for a while but I'm sure we will get dumped with that white stuff soon enough. I have a winter coat (pink and a snood to go with it), I love to stay warm and toasty. Your pictures are wonderful.

    AARF Kasha the Dainty Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cute in the hoodies, though I can't believe how much snow you had! We're enjoying the nicer weather also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for not coming to visit for ages! Finally getting a chance to catch up! What and also on time you have playing in the snow! I just love all the pictures. And I so agree with you about dog clothes not been wide enough in the chest! I always have that problem too with anything commercially made. That's why now might humans just buy fabric and get a tailor to custom make things for me! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are so fashionable! Beryl wants a coat the colour of Sweet Peas'. And we love the style of them. I don't know why they'd have pouches either. I think the fabric would be too stretchy to put anything much in them.

    Great sunset photos. Sounds like another awesome adventure day!

    ReplyDelete